Manual therapy is a hands-on treatment by clinicians to treat muscle aches, joint pain, and limited range of motion. It encompasses a variety of techniques.
Manual techniques we may use in your treatment may include one or more of the following:
- Skilled manual Joint mobilization and manipulation
- Soft tissue mobilization and normalization using manual traction
- Myofascial release
- Strain / counterstrain
- Cranial sacral techniques
- Dry Needling / cupping performed by the therapist
Manual techniques are designed to achieve facilitation of fluid exchange (decrease swelling), stretching of shortened connective tissue, muscles, ligaments and tendons, as well as imprive function of vascular lymphastics and neural tissues using number hands-on techniques.
Manual therapy has been proven to be an important part of an overall conservative treatment plan for a variety of conditions including:
- Adhesive Capsulitis
- Shoulder Impingement
- Shoulder Stiffness/Limited Range of Motion
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfers Elbow
- Pinched Nerves
- Limited Joint Range of Motion
- Capsule Tightness
- Postsurgical Stiffness
- Much More
Manual therapy is typically part of a complete treatment plan that is customized for your specific needs. Give us a call to learn how we can incorporate manual therapy into your rehabilitation program.