This educational information is provided for general information and is not intended to be a substitute for your own good judgement and/or consultation with a heath care professional.
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Ankle Sprains
- Balance Problems
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Fall Prevention
- Achilles Tendon Injuries (Tendinopathy)
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Tear
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- “Frozen” Shoulder
- Low Back Pain
- Physical Theraphy Helps You Move Forward
- OsteoArthritis of the Hip
- OsteoArthritis of the Knee
- Talking about Pain
- Pitchers’ Elbow
- Snow Shoveling
- Workplace Wellness
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Association
- National Institute on Aging
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- American Senior Fitness Association
- Spinal Cord Injuries
The Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Center has the most comprehensive information on these Injuries. Information about Treatment options and what to expect after an injury. Also see http://www.spinalcord.org/resource-center
- Common Injuries & Conditions
Find simple answers about sports medicine prevention at the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. Single-page, fact sheets have been written and reviewed by top sports medicine professionals and combine easy-to-read text with colorful illustrations to help patients understand the diagnosis, treatment, recovery and prevention of a particular condition or illness.
- Considering a Career in Physical Therapy?
Information from the American Physical Therapy Association about training for a career in Physical Therapy.
- Considering a Career in Occupational Therapy?
Get the latest information about a career in Occupational Therapy from the American Occupational Theraphy Association.
- Find a Physical Therapist Near You
This website allows you to search a national database of physical therapist members of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) for the exclusive purpose of finding a physical therapist who is right for you.
- Health & Prevention Tips
Injury prevention tips and sample exercises to help reduce your risk of injury are brought to you by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Safety Basics for Preventing Children’s Injuries
On this site, you will find the top tips every parent needs to keep kids safe. The information is broken down by age and then organized into three categories (at home, at play and on the way) so you’re sure to find exactly what you need.
- Info on Sports Injuries for Adults & Children
STOP Sports Injuries targets the sports that have the highest rates of overuse and trauma injuries. Check out our helpful tip sheets to learn how to stay safe when playing sports.
- Traveling With Disabilities
Travel made easy for people with disabilities.